[asterisk-users] Re: CDR stats to one mysql database, multiple webstats packages

Tomislav Parčina tparcina at lama.hr
Wed Oct 4 04:59:47 MST 2006

In article <efujg7$qbi$1 at sea.gmane.org>, cearle at cbltech.ca says...
> Have a number of asterisk servers and want to get some good stats tracking
> going (with Asterisk-Stat) -- but this requires cdr logging to mysql, apache
> and the stats software running on each server.
>
> Or does it?  Of course, I can either run the stats package on the webserver
> and direct it to each individual server's local mysql db --- or have each
> asterisk server logging to an external mysql db somewhere.....(on the
> webserver I suppose)
>
> Thoughts on this?  Good idea/Bad idea to log to an external source?  One
> thing that might be an issue is if for some reason the external source
> becomes unreachable or goes offline ...then what happens to the CDR data for
> that time period?
>
> Suggestions appreciated

Hi Chris!

I have three Asterisk and every one of them is logging CDR's to MSSQL database that is on same location (same room) as Asterisk. So, there is only switch between them. Two of three MSSQL servers are doing log shipping on third MSSQL server on new database. That way every * logs to database which is close to him - should be stable enough. Because of secure log shipping I have all data from every Asterisk in one database. I calculate everything from that one database.

Hope this helps.

P.S.
If any MSSQL fails, then I import data from Master.scv

--
Tomislav Parčina
Lama Computers Split
SIP: tomo at sip.lama.hr