[asterisk-users] Caller ID on Zap not always working

phil.dawson at marnock.com phil.dawson at marnock.com
Tue Oct 3 12:38:08 MST 2006

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I was about to post the same problem.
I get this in my logs

Oct  3 08:30:03 WARNING[29528] chan_zap.c: Ignoring signalling
Oct  3 08:30:03 WARNING[29528] chan_zap.c: Ignoring sendcalleridafter
Oct  3 08:30:03 WARNING[29528] chan_zap.c: Ignoring signalling
Oct  3 08:30:03 WARNING[29528] chan_zap.c: Ignoring signalling
Oct  3 10:16:28 NOTICE[29633] chan_zap.c: Got event 2 (Ring/Answered)...
Oct  3 10:16:30 WARNING[29633] chan_zap.c: CID timed out waiting for ring.
Exiting simple switch

and this

Oct  3 05:21:00 NOTICE[29272] chan_zap.c: Got event 17 (Polarity
Reversal)...
Oct  3 05:21:02 WARNING[29272] chan_zap.c: CID timed out waiting for ring.
Exiting simple switch
Oct  3 08:22:15 NOTICE[29431] chan_zap.c: Got event 2 (Ring/Answered)...
Oct  3 08:22:17 WARNING[29431] chan_zap.c: CID timed out waiting for ring.
Exiting simple switch

I'm suffering the same problem where caller id is intermittent.  Just had
two calls from the same office. The first was ok the second wasn't.

Card is a TDM400P with two fxo ports.

I have sendcalleridafter=2 in my zapata.conf and previously compiled
chan_zap.c with #DEFAULT_CIDRINGS 2.

Phil.

             Nick Ellson
             <grimm at nickellson
             Sent by:                  Asterisk Users Mailing List -
             asterisk-users-bo         Non-Commercial Discussion
             unces at lists.digiu         <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
             m.com                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/10/2006 16:52          Re: [asterisk-users] Caller ID on
                                       Zap not always working

             Please respond to
              Asterisk Users
              Mailing List -
              Non-Commercial
                Discussion
             <asterisk-users at l
             ists.digium.com>

Do you have sendcalleridafter=2 in your [channels] section of
/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf? (I had to change it for mine to work)

Nick

--
Nick Ellson
CCDA, CCNP, CCSP, CCAI,