[asterisk-users] G726 prompts

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 22:26:01 MST 2006

On 10/3/06, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> It seems unreasonably difficult to get a list of the supported formats,
> but does sox (http://sox.sourceforge.net/) do what you need?
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

hey Jay, thanks but I am not sure what to tell sox as my output format
to be. I must admit, I missed it the first time I was thinking about
using it. Should've looked at the man page. This time I looked at it
again It seems like I could convert ulaw pcm files into the adpcm
format. But what output format do I choose? I tried raw but that
doesn't work. I tried using the following like

sox -r 8000 -c 1 input.ul output.raw

anyone know what the correct parameters are for using sox to convert
pcm or ulaw prompts into g726?

thanks
\R