[asterisk-users] Fax detection ...

phil.dawson at marnock.com phil.dawson at marnock.com
Mon Oct 2 11:30:12 MST 2006

Thanks Marco!  I found NVFaxDetect before getting around to your post.  It
works a treat!  Good call!  < no pun intended >

             "Marco Mouta"
             <marco.mouta at gmai
             l.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  "Asterisk Users Mailing List -
             asterisk-users-bo         Non-Commercial Discussion"
             unces at lists.digiu         <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
             m.com                                                      cc

                                                                   Subject
             01/10/2006 23:09          Re: [asterisk-users] Fax detection

             Please respond to
              Asterisk Users
              Mailing List -
              Non-Commercial
                Discussion
             <asterisk-users at l
             ists.digium.com>

Why don't you look for application NVfaxDetect ? are you using Digium
boards?

I've been using it sucessfully for fax reception!

Look for it on voip wiki.

On 10/1/06, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
  On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 02:58:37PM -0700, Lee Howard wrote:
  > Well, fax detection isn't entirely reliable anyway.  Even if you assume
  > that your fax detection feature and operation is flawless in properly
  > detecting fax tones (and that most likely would be a specious
  > assumption), not all calling fax machines send fax tones.

  So, y'know, that assertion gets made a lot.

  What's the turn rate of fax machines in the market? 3 years?  5?  CNG
  tones are *well* over 10 years old, no?

  What percentage of fax calls are sent without CNG tones these days?

  Cheers,
  -- jra
  --
  Jay R. Ashworth
  jra at baylink.com
  Designer                          Baylink                             RFC
  2100
  Ashworth & Associates        The Things I Think
  '87 e24
  St Petersburg FL USA       http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727
  647 1274

          "That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
            they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie;
  _Fast_Women_

Com os melhores cumprimentos,