[asterisk-users] asterisk queues with SER, aka "sip show peers"

Mark Price markprice at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 07:21:35 MST 2006

Hi,
I am trying to integrate asterisk queues with SER.
We have our queues set up in the following manner:
An entry in the queue members table consts of the queue name and a SIP
address.

For example,
queuename | member
support-q   |  SIP/5558675309

We have observed the following behavior:
If the first phone is registered directly to asterisk, then the queue knows
about the phone, and puts it in the queue rotation.

I would like to get this same functionality using SER as the registration
server.
Currently, if a phone is registered with the SER proxy, * knows nothing
about it until the phone calls an extension on the asterisk server.
After that, the phone shows up in "sip show peers", but with address
"(unknown)".
In neither case is the queue aware of the phone.

Here is the setup:
Asterisk is set up in general to be real time, including sip peers and sip
users.
in sip.conf,
[general]
   rtcachefriends=yes
   register => 2342342345 at domain.com:password at sip.proxy.com/2342342345
[ser]
type=friend
insecure=very
host=sip.proxy.com
canreinvite=yes
autocreatepeer=yes
context=proxy

Asterisk is successfully registering with SER, and "sip show peers" shows
the SER box as a peer, although I think that is irrelevant of if the SER
service is running or not.

What do I need to do to get Asterisk to be aware of the clients?

Mark Price