[asterisk-users] Bristuff vs. vISDN vs. mISDN for hfc card ?

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Mon Oct 2 00:29:10 MST 2006

On 08:55, Mon 02 Oct 06, Robert Rozman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some time ago we used bristuffed Asterisk for our hfc cards cause it
> offered more features (echo cancellation most important) and was quite
> stable...
>
> I'm seeing now (I'm putting together Asterisk after a long time with hfc
> card) that there are now 3 choices for hfc chipsets :
> vISDN, mISDN and bristuff.
>
> What are pros and cons of each of them and what do you put in your
> Asterisks ? How they differ in functionality ?

mISDN has the pro that chan_misdn is part of the default
asterisk. I have no idea if the mISDN drivers are part of
the default kernel, so you might check that.

Bristuff has the pro that it comes in one package with a
nice ./install script. This makes it easy to install
everything you need.

vISDN I dont know about. Maybe others can comment on that.

I prefer to use bristuff, but that's because we have some
installs with quodbri cards and we want to have the same
version on all boxes. We dont use the hfc part, because of
the quality compared to the more robust cards (quadbri,
eicon etc)

my 2 cents
--

Michiel van Baak