[asterisk-users] Dial-9 (was Extension Numbering)

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Oct 1 13:54:49 MST 2006

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 09:42:32AM -0500, Eric ManxPower Wieling wrote:
>> My problem with this type of dialplan is that users must wait for
>> DigitTimeout before the call is processed.
>
> I was going to ask about that.
>
> What's the common value for that number, and secondarily, does Asterisk
> support the traditional #-cutthrough to signify that you're done
> dialling, as LEC switches generally always have?

You can emulate #-cutthrough with clever dialplan stuff (no . in pattern).

Personally, I think the solution is to design your dialplan to not
require timeouts.

My users require 30 seconds of delay before dialing is considered
"done".  My users are real estate agents, so you can understand the
requirement for a delay.  I actually had one of them tell me that they
didn't want to be notified of voicemail via a text message because "the
text messages are too hard to read and delete".