[asterisk-users] detecting busy on queue transfer

Lenz lenz-ml at loway.it
Sun Oct 1 08:32:07 MST 2006

Hello list,
I have been puzzled by a behaviour I cannot grasp - the system is an
Asterisk 1.2.4, it's been in production use since March and iyt's very
stable:

- I have an agent on a queue, transferring a call received through
app_queue. the user presses #, hears "transfer", types the required
extension and is either connected or hears "I'm sorry" and he is back to
the original conversation. Works just fine.
- If the number being dialled is busy, the agent seems to hang up
immediately!

The configuration is as follows:

[nQueue]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => .... (various logic here)
exten =>
s,11,Set(__MONITOR_FILENAME=/var/spool/asterisk/monitor/Q-${UNIQUEID})
exten => s,12,Set(__TRANSFER_CONTEXT=queuetransfer)
exten => s,13,queue(q-myqueue|t|||9999)
exten => s,14,Hangup

[queuetransfer]
exten => _0.,1,DigitTimeout(5)
exten => _0.,2,ResponseTimeout(10)
exten => _0.,3,Answer
exten => _0.,4,NoOp
exten => _0.,5,NoOp
exten => _0.,6,SetCallerPres(prohib)
exten => _0.,7,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _0.,108,NoOp(Got busy here)

As you can see, a transfer from a queue is routed to context queuetransfer
to be processed. There it gets all numbers starting with 0 and tries to
dial out. Extension 108 should be hit on busy, and in fact it is - the
execution goes there and is processed, i.e. I get the string printed out
on the console. The problem is that at the moment it gets the busy, the
logic seems to exit from the queue in [nQueue], so the agent's telephone
starts reporting a busy tone and there is no way to get conversation on
the agent's phone anymore. Is there anything stupid that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for your help
l.

-

--