[asterisk-users] Digium through Octasic

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Nov 30 11:02:53 MST 2006

On Thursday 23 November 2006 11:44, Heidi Mendoza wrote:
> We're looking at using 4 or 8 port T1 cards with echo cancellation and are
> evaluating brands to go with.  We know that Sangoma has excellent solutions
> especially when it comes to echo.  But we still have to hear about actual
> performance of a Digium card using the same Octasic DSP echo canceller.

Excellent performance.  I had an A104d which was giving some very odd audio
artifacting, Sangoma replaced the card but did not test the original to
ensure that the card was indeed defective or that the problem was solved with
the replacement.  I haven't put the replacement in service yet, as I had a
TE407P on order and it arrived first.  :-)

After dealing with the crap that the TE406P was, the TE407P is *heaven*.
Highly recommended.

-A.