[asterisk-users] Re: AGI PHP Issues (AGI script runs but phone hangs up too quickly)

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Nov 30 09:55:06 MST 2006

In article <001c01c71464$f07ce2f0$631010ac at eitnb440101>,
Chris Blunt <chris.blunt at entropy-it.com> wrote:
> Sorry to re-post this but I'm sure it's something simple that someone has
> found before.
>
> To summarise:
>
> Dial plan answers the phone
>
> AGI script executes
>
> AGI debug in console show phonetics ABC - However no audio at all on the
> phone and this step is less than 1 second.
>
> Dial plan Busy
>
> Phone hangs up.

Perhaps Asterisk is playing the phonetics in the background (like Background
instead of like Playback)?

Try putting a Wait(5) after the AGI (or even a sleep(5) within it), to see.

General question for anyone that knows: Is there a way in the Dialplan or
or in AGI to wait for Background messages to finish playing? Perhaps doing
a Playback of a file containing a very short length of silence?

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield