[asterisk-users] Call recording with Asterisk BE

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 08:32:09 MST 2006

Hi Ed -

> With Asterisk BE I am trying to record calls coming to a queue,.  I am getting the call to record, however the file name that the file saves to, is not the correct one.
> In my extensions.conf, I have the following entry to set the file name.
>
> exten=> 0072,4,Set(AGENTFILENAME=${CALLERID(number)}-${TIMESTAMP}-${EXTEN:4})
> exten=> 0072,5,Monitor(wav,${AGENTFILENAME}),m
> exten=> 0072,6,Queue(NOC)
>
> I have also tried
>
> exten=> 0072,4,Set(AGENTFILENAME=${CALLERID(number)}-${TIMESTAMP}-${EXTEN:4})
> exten=> 0072,5,Monitor(wav,${AGENTFILENAME},m)
>
> but this is what I am getting in the file name.
>
> agent-1656-1164843488-241-in.wav
>
> In the Asterisk console the name appears correctly however.

First off, use the second syntax for Monitor() - i.e. with the 'm'
inside the parentheses.  Second, the ${EXTEN:4} effectively wipes out
your extension number since it is only four digits, so it's not really
necessary (unless you're also using it with longer extensions).

Beyond that I can tell you that this looks to be an issue with
Asterisk BE.  I just tested and the same syntax works correctly with
Asterisk 1.2.X.  It would be a good idea to bring this up with Digium
support.

- Noah