[asterisk-users] Distinctive ring

Tomislav Parčina tparcina at lama.hr
Thu Nov 30 02:02:07 MST 2006

Hi list!
I need help with distinctive ring on Cisco 7940 phone. I'm using Asterisk 1.2.5 (I know, I should upgrade) and in dial plan I have:

exten => _64X,n,Set(_ALERT_INFO=Chirp2)
exten => _64X,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},30,wWtT)

On Cisco in Settings => Ring type I have "Chirp1" and "Chirp2". By default phone is ringing sound "Chirp1". For internal calls I'm using dial plan I have sent you above. Problem is that Cisco doesn't ring with Chirp2, but with slightly different Chirp1 (instead of ring, pause, ring he sounds ring ring pause).

Is there any way that my Cisco 7940, thru dial plan, can ring Chirp2 instead of Chirp1?

Thank you for your time!

--
Tomislav Parčina
Lama Computers Split