[asterisk-users] Setting RTP ports for Asterisk?

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 20:52:00 MST 2006

Hey Vincent -

> 1. What are the settings (in sip.conf?) to tell Asterisk to use specific
> ports for RTP?

I guess you didn't see my reply earlier today - that setting is in rtp.conf

> 2. With this kind of setup, does Asterisk stay in the loop to forward RTP
> packets, or do X-Lite at home and the VoIP provider send RTP to each other
> directly?

That all depends on your "canreinvite" setting (in sip.conf, per peer
or user).  If set to no, then asterisk will stay in the picture
throughout your call.  If set to yes, the call will be passed off so
the rtp traffic goes directly from X-lite to the VoIP provider.  Keep
in mind that if you do have it set to yes, the VoIP provider may not
necessarily use the same rtp ports that you want to use.

- Noah