[asterisk-users] Cisco 7940 Firmware 8.2

James R. Stevens jstevens at athensdistributing.com
Wed Nov 29 15:23:15 MST 2006

Greetings,

I am cutting my teeth with SIP phones and my first issue is getting a
Cisco 7940 to Authenticate with my VoIP provider (BBTelsys).

I did read some notes on the vo-ip website about 7.5 being the better
firmware version. Has anyone had trouble with 8.2 and SIP registering?
Should I just downgrade to 7.5 and give it a go? I think SIP uses UDP
5060 correct?

The phone is behind a firewall(NAT) I figure this might be an issue as
well.

Thoughts?
Thank you for your response.

dangerous content by Athens Hyperion Scanner, and is
believed to be clean.