[asterisk-users] What's up with the Manager Interface?!?!

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Wed Nov 29 11:19:41 MST 2006

> Sometimes the data comes back separated by \r\n, and sometimes it's
> separated by \n.
> The whole thing is completely inconsistent, and trying to write any
kind
> of API for it is -GHASTLY-

Doug,

What language(s) are you using?  Just curious.  I've been tinkering with
Perl, POE, and POE::Component::Client::Asterisk::Manager.  These have
abstracted away the lowest level of programming.

I know you've done Python in the past - I hear that there's a module for
AMI called py-Asterisk.  Have you seen or tried that?  Ditto with Ruby -
a module called RAMI.  Both are on sourceforge.

Also, could you hum a few bars about what you're trying to accomplish
with your API?  I'm curious about the big picture.

Thanks!

-MC