[asterisk-users] Siemens Gigaset C450 IP vs S450 IP

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Wed Nov 29 05:49:28 MST 2006

Hi Eugen,

Eugen Leitl wrote:
> I've just ordered a Siemens Gigaset C450 IP cordless
> IP/DECT phone, given that it's supported by asterisk
> http://www.voipuser.org/review_41.html
>
> However, I see that a slightly better Gigaset S450 IP
> is available for only a slight price premium.
>
> Are there any user experiences with the S450 IP?

Unfortunately I haven't yet had one in my hands, but from the
feature-list it seems a bit more value for money compared to the C450.
Especially being able to handle 4 SIP accounts/lines at one provider,
being able to add more handsets to the basestation etc. would be of
value for SOHO use.

I did notice the C450 is unable to use the flash-key for call transfer
functionality with SIP accounts, which is a bit of a shame. I'm not sure
if that will be supported with the S450. If anyone can shed a light on
that I'd be interested as well :-)

Florian