[asterisk-users] sendmail or postfix?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Nov 29 03:15:29 MST 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 04:48:37AM -0500, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:
> For voicemail to email solution, just wanted to ask the experts, which one
> is better and why: sendmail or postfix, or something other.

As far as carrying voicemail messages and delivering them on a system
that does not have a high load of messages, they are both quite good.

Note that postfix (as well as exim and others) provides /usr/sbin/sendmail
binary that Asterisk uses to send mail.

I'd start with whatever is the default with the distro, or whatever
you're more comfortable with setting up.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com