[asterisk-users] Custom Voicemail Notification Email

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 01:21:28 MST 2006

On 11/29/06, Marnus van Niekerk <m at mjvn.net> wrote:
> You can have your own external script to do whatever you want when vm is
> left
>
> from voicemail.conf:
> ; If you need to have an external program, i.e. /usr/bin/myapp
> ; called when a voicemail is left, delivered, or your voicemailbox
> ; is checked, uncomment this:
> ;externnotify=/usr/bin/myapp

Hi Marnus,

externnotify, of course. I always end up spending months away from
asterisk so by the time I come back to it, I've forgotten half the
stuff. Thanks for the reminder. Now, maybe I'm stupid but how exactly
do I get details to it regarding all those VM variables that are
inserted when the email is normally sent out from voicemail. You know
the VM_NAME, VM_DUR etc etc? I quickly tested this but as per the
doco. for it, it automatically passes only 3 variables to the
externotify script. Do I go parsing msgxxxx.txt file for the rest of
the info? I may not have that in the case I'm using RealTime
Voicemail.