[asterisk-users] vm_change_password shell?

jezzzz . jezonthenet at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 23:15:53 MST 2006

I'm actually only looking at the code at this point in
time (only in voicemail.c), hence my slightly
technical list of questions. How would the user find a
better way to change the password though? Isn't the
only way of changing the password by calling the
voicemail then selecting option 0 followed by option
5?

Obviously, the administrator can just as well just
change the password in voicemail.c but that's not as
convenient for the user.

Two more questions while I have your expertise...

* are then any locking problems when running
vm_change_password - voicemail.conf is opened and read
into a buffer, the password is then changed for user x
and then it's written into a new voicemail.conf.new
file. What happens if another user y wishes to change
his password at the same time as user x? Do you see
where I'm going with this?

* what's the change_password_realtime() function used
for? How does it defer from vm_change_password?

Thanks

Jez

http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.4/apps/app_voicemail.c

> In it, you'll find:
>
> static void vm_change_password_shell(struct
> ast_vm_user *vmu, char *newpassword)
> {
> 	char buf[255];
> 	snprintf(buf,255,"%s %s %s

%s",ext_pass_cmd,vmu->context,vmu->mailbox,newpassword);