[asterisk-users] Encrypted password for voicemail

jezzzz . jezonthenet at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 22:12:19 MST 2006

Encrypt voicemail password with Asterisk public key.
Asterisk then decrypts the password and takes the hash
of it and compares it with the hash stored in
voicemail.conf. This way the real password is never
stored in voicemail.conf and there is no way to know
what the password is just by looking at the file.