[asterisk-users] Modprobe zaptel reports FATAL: Module zaptel notfound

kjcsb kjcsb at orcon.net.nz
Tue Nov 28 10:17:27 MST 2006

>> ln -s /usr/src/kernels/`uname -r` /usr/src/linux
>> ln -s /usr/src/kernels/`uname -r` /usr/src/linux-2.6
>
> Unnecessary. Just install the relevant kernel-devel package. What
> instructions are you following?

I already had kernel-devel installed and was still getting the message "You
do not appear to have the sources for the 2.6.9-42.ELsmp kernel installed".
So I hunted around and found a link indicating that *possibly* I needed to
create a symbolic link. I tried this in two ways:
ln -s /usr/src/kernels/`uname -r` /usr/src/linux etc
Got the same message at make linux26

ln -s /usr/src/kernels/2.6.9-42.0.3.EL-smp-i686 /usr/src/linux etc
make linux26 was successful but modprobe can't find zaptel

> What is the output of:
> uname -r
2.6.9-42.ELsmp

> If you run 'depmod', does it change anything?

No

Cameron