[asterisk-users] Encrypted password for voicemail

jezzzz . jezonthenet at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 09:52:22 MST 2006

I was wondering if we could protect against both.
Sending a password encrypted would protect against
eavesdropping. Once the password has been received,
the hash of it is taken and compared with the hash of
the password saved, so it also takes care of a local
attacker.

I could certainly use SSL/TLS, but that still doesn't
take care of a local attack to obtain the passwords of
the users.

Thanks

Jez