[asterisk-users] Anybody used Asterfax?

Tue Nov 28 06:38:06 MST 2006

Hi!

I once tried Asterfax but it is really difficult to install and
configure, and running openoffice in an xvfb session, together with the
need for java is IMO overkill. I'm now using hylafax+iaxmodem with
virtual printer devices for windows clients and hy-email2fax for clients
which prefer to send faxes by email (PDF attachment).

regards
klaus

Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:
> Trying to install asterfax-1.1-freeb2.i386.rpm, I get following error. How
> can I get rid of it.
>
> Installing jre
> Installing libtiff
> Installing ghostscript
> Installing Xvfb
> Installing openoffice.org
> Installing spandsp
> Installing spandsp0.0.3
> Spandsp did not install correctly.
> error: %post(asterfax-1.1-freeb2.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

Klaus Darilion
nic.at