[asterisk-users] vm_change_password shell?

jezzzz . jezonthenet at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 00:26:35 MST 2006

In Asterisk 1.2.13 in app/app_voicemail.c, line 4700
ext_pass_cmd is checked to decide whether to use
vm_change_password or vm_change_password_shell to
change a user's password for his voicemail account.

I wonder, what is the difference between
vm_change_password and vm_change_password_shell - what
is that shell? The only reference I found on the
Internet was the following bug report:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7361 , but it's not
very useful. Anywhere I can find a little more
information on the difference between these two
scenarios?

Thanks

jez