[asterisk-users] When does voicemail authentication take place?

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 18:32:37 MST 2006

> Luki, thanks for the response. Could you give me an
> example of the use of vmauthenticate in a very short
> dialplan?
>
> Thanks
> Jez

*CLI>
  -= Info about application 'VMAuthenticate' =-

[Synopsis]
Authenticate with Voicemail passwords

[Description]
  VMAuthenticate([mailbox][@context][|options]): This application behaves the
same way as the Authenticate application, but the passwords are taken from
voicemail.conf.
  If the mailbox is specified, only that mailbox's password will be considered
valid. If the mailbox is not specified, the channel variable AUTH_MAILBOX will
be set with the authenticated mailbox.

... and ...

*CLI>
  -= Info about application 'Authenticate' =-

[Synopsis]
Authenticate a user

[Description]
  Authenticate(password[|options]): This application asks the caller to enter a
given password in order to continue dialplan execution. If the password begins
with the '/' character, it is interpreted as a file which contains a list of
valid passwords, listed 1 password per line in the file.
  When using a database key, the value associated with the key can be anything.
Users have three attempts to authenticate before the channel is hung up. If the
passsword is invalid, the 'j' option is specified, and priority n+101 exists,
dialplan execution will continnue at this location.

... so something like that (never tried it):

exten => s,1,VMAuthenticate
exten => s,2,NoOp(Authenticated as {$AUTH_MAILBOX})

--Luki