[asterisk-users] Encrypted password for voicemail

jezzzz . jezonthenet at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 27 18:12:19 MST 2006

Thanks for the response Tzafrir. I meant
voicemail.conf for the passwords of course - my
mistake. Trying to ensure that if voicemail.conf is
opened by an attacker that all the passwords are not
readily available. By hashing them or encrypting them
in a DB it's going to be much harder for an attacker
to obtain access to the passwords.

The only way to encrypt the sending of passwords to
the voicemail is by using SIP-TLS? (which is not yet
in production stage?).

Thanks

Jez