[asterisk-users] wip5000 crash AP

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Mon Nov 27 09:41:03 MST 2006

Am Montag, den 27.11.2006, 16:41 +0200 schrieb Altus Snyman:
> Good day all

> They all connect to the 4 Senao Long range AP’s 11mb
>
> They all have the same ssi but 2 runs on channel 11 and 2 on channel 1

> BUT..for some reason each now and the the AP’s will crash, you can
> find a signal when you scan, and you can ping it, the only way to get
> it back up is to pull the power in and out

This seems to me as not directly Asterisk related...

I do not know the Senao devices, but I had several network devices
(switches, access points, media converters, routers,...) chicken out
from time to time, and it basically fell back on a single problem -
heat. (Or the device operating system having broken down - D-Link
wireless devices are good at that - firmware updates helped)

Check wether the device operates in a place without air flow - and
change that situation if possible. Something notably above 40°C/100°F
will cause trouble in the long run.

If you want a proper scientific analysis, try hammering the APs with
half a dozen laptops sending files to and fro, and no phones in use at
the same time. I guess it will cause the same problem: Once the CPU in
that device is stressed, it runs at full wattage, and eventually all
those Watts will be dissipated as heat.

BR
Anselm