[asterisk-users] Digium Iaxy S100 Factory Default?

Matt Gibson diwelf at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 18:31:51 MST 2006

Hi All,

I have two old S100 units (the blue ones, not the newer black ones). I
am trying to reset these to factory default using the following
instructions, but it is not working. Does anyone have any other
suggestions to reset this model of the adapter?

Tried this:

1. Remove all of the cables, except for the power cable.
2. The factory reset button is next to the RJ45 jack. Press and hold
the factory reset button for 10 seconds. Do not release the factory
reset button until the very last step.
3. While holding the factory reset button, remove the power cable.
4. Continue holding the factory reset button for an additional 5
seconds after the power cable has been removed.
5. Continue holding the factory reset button and plug the power cable
back into the s101i (IAXy).
6. Continue holding the factory reset button for an additional 5 seconds.
7. Now you may release the factory reset button.

And This:

# Unplug phone and network cables from IAXy device
# Use a ballpoint pen to press and hold in the recessed reset button
on back of unit
# Wait 5 seconds
# Unplug IAXy but keep reset button depressed
# Wait 5 seconds
# Reconnect power (only) to IAXy
# Wait 5 seconds
# Release reset button
# Wait 5 seconds
# Disconnect power cord
# Connect phone and network cables to IAXy device
# Reconnect power cord to IAXy

I've also been watching the network - I see no DHCP packets, nothing
coming from either of
them cept for one errored packet - unfortunatly no tcpdump on the
router so I can't dig deeper yet..

Thanks,
Diwelf