[asterisk-users] Help needed - Can anyone please explain to me what is causing this - TDM2400P

Naija Man voip4naija at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 22:36:58 MST 2006

Hello all.

I have two identically configured asterisk servers each with a TDM2422P
(with two S400M FXS modules and two X400M FXO modules).

*1 works perfectly and the sound quality is great. However, I am having
audio quality problem with *2 when making or receiving calls over the PSTN -
the sound gets cut off from the earpiece when I start to speak in the
microphone and then when I stop talking, I can hear the other party!! I do
not have any problems with SIP calls.

Also, if I connect a POTs line to Channel 5 - (WCTDM/0/4 FXSKS) and dial the
number, it just keeps ring and the ZAP channel does not answer the call, nor
does it even show up in the console. If I call out to the PSTN through ZAP
5, All other channels are working ok. I have tried to recompile zaptel but
that did not solve the problem. I even went as far as swapping the TDM2400P
cards in the two asterisk servers and the problem still persisted,
confirming that the digium card is not faulty.

I did not notice any conflicting IRQs either. I would really appreciate help
in solving this problem.

Asterisk1:
centOS 4.3
asterisk 1.2.8
zaptel 1.2.6

Asterisk2:
CentOS 4.4
Asterisk 1.2.12.1
zaptel 1.2.9.1
Thanks.

Naija Man

[root at tel2 asterisk]# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1
  0:  225479540  225426528    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:         31         34    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
  8:          1          0    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
  9:          0          0   IO-APIC-level  acpi
 12:         75          3    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
 14:    2027380    2027327    IO-APIC-edge  ide0
169:          0          0   IO-APIC-level  uhci_hcd
185:          0          0   IO-APIC-level  ehci_hcd, uhci_hcd
193:          0          0   IO-APIC-level  uhci_hcd
201:          0          0   IO-APIC-level  uhci_hcd
209:     162967     162431   IO-APIC-level  3ware Storage Controller
217:  225465762  225426370   IO-APIC-level  wctdm24xxp
233:    9805871          0         PCI-MSI  eth0
NMI:          0          0
LOC:  450936535  450936534
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

Below is the output of cat /proc/zaptel/1

Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM2400P Board 1"
        IRQ misses: 1

           1 WCTDM/0/0 FXSKS (In use)
           2 WCTDM/0/1 FXSKS (In use)
           3 WCTDM/0/2 FXSKS (In use)
           4 WCTDM/0/3 FXSKS (In use)
           5 WCTDM/0/4 FXSKS (In use)
           6 WCTDM/0/5 FXSKS (In use)
           7 WCTDM/0/6 FXSKS (In use)
           8 WCTDM/0/7 FXSKS (In use)
           9 WCTDM/0/8 FXOKS (In use)
          10 WCTDM/0/9 FXOKS (In use)
          11 WCTDM/0/10 FXOKS (In use)
          12 WCTDM/0/11 FXOKS (In use)
          13 WCTDM/0/12 FXOKS (In use)
          14 WCTDM/0/13 FXOKS (In use)
          15 WCTDM/0/14 FXOKS (In use)
          16 WCTDM/0/15 FXOKS (In use)
          17 WCTDM/0/16
          18 WCTDM/0/17
          19 WCTDM/0/18
          20 WCTDM/0/19
          21 WCTDM/0/20
          22 WCTDM/0/21
          23 WCTDM/0/22
          24 WCTDM/0/23

[root at tel2 asterisk]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
wcusb                  23840  0
wctdm                  41280  0
wcfxo                  16928  0
wcte11xp               30496  0
wct1xxp                20640  0
wct4xxp               251328  0
tor2                   93600  0
wctdm24xxp             65344  15
zaptel                196740  40
wcusb,wctdm,wcfxo,wcte11xp,wct1xxp,wct4xxp,tor2,wctdm24xxp
crc_ccitt               6209  1 zaptel

[root at tel2 asterisk]# cat zapata.conf

;
; Zapata telephony interface
;
; Configuration file

[channels]
;
usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=bell
cidstart=ring
hidecallerid=no
callerid=asreceived

callwaiting=no
usedistinctiveringdetection=no
callwaitingcallerid=no
threewaycalling=no
transfer=no
canpark=no
cancallforward=no
callreturn=no
;callreturn=yes
faxdetect=no
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
callprogress=no
busydetect=no
;busydetect=yes
musiconhold=default
useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer=yes
;busycount=4

;group=3
context=from-desks
signalling=fxo_ks
callerid="CORDLESS" <1132>
channel => 9

group=1
usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=bell
cidstart=ring
hidecallerid=no
;usecallingpres=yes
useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer=yes
rxgain=8.0
txgain=2.0

context=from-pstn
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 1-6

tel2*CLI> zap show status
Description                              Alarms     IRQ        bpviol
CRC4
Wildcard TDM2400P Board 1                OK         1          0
0
tel2*CLI> zap show status

tel2*CLI> zap show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
 pseudo            from-pstn                  default
      1            from-pstn                  default
      2            from-pstn                  default
      3            from-pstn                  default
      4            from-pstn                  default
      5            from-pstn                  default
      6            from-pstn                  default