[asterisk-users] Re: Rewriting caller ID from database?

Daryl Jones daryl at tcomeng.com
Fri Nov 24 19:19:26 MST 2006

Steven wrote:
> There are two I can think of.
> Hoodahek and asterdex (or asteridex)
>
> We used hoodahek at first, but now use asterdex(sp?)
> It has a web interface to enter the new names into.
>
> We use it to fixup, corp. cell phones and used to use it for our leagcy PBX extensions.

I use some custom scripts to do database lookups and rewrite CallerID
information.  Everything works fine with regard to the CID name, however
my Cisco 7960 and Linksys SPA-942 phones do not display the calling
number. Instead, they display the called number.  This makes the phone's
call return feature not work. The calling number and name are both
properly displayed on all of the softphone clients that I've tried.

Here's the format I'm using to set the CallerID.

    SET CALLERID "JONES DARYL A"<6508701826>

Can anyone help?