[asterisk-users] Monitoring awareness

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Fri Nov 24 11:22:47 MST 2006

nick005 at free.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm discovering asterisk, it seem to be a great soft.
>
> I have seen a fonction to record calls that's a great fontion but there is
> something disturbing me.
>
> When the record start, except if the recorder prevent the other part, he is not
> aware of the recording...
>
> I dont find a way from the feature.conf how to play a sound when a monitor start
> to record :/

Either play a file with a beep or a verbal message that this call may be
recorded for such and such reason.  This can be done easily in the
dialplan by calling playback or background prior to monitor.

Depending on local laws, you may be OK if just one party on the call
knows it is being recorded.  Other states have different laws.  I have
no idea how the law works when one caller is in one state with one set
of laws and the other caller is in a different state with different laws.

Thanks,
Steve