[asterisk-users] Asterisk and TDM400P ?

Pranav Peshwe pranav at gs-lab.com
Fri Nov 24 05:42:10 MST 2006

Noc Phibee wrote:
> Thanks for your help,
>
> a cat:
> [root at gw zap]# cat /proc/zaptel/1
> Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 1"
>
>           1 WCTDM/0/0 FXSKS
>           2 WCTDM/0/1
>           3 WCTDM/0/2
>           4 WCTDM/0/3
>
> in my zaptel.conf, i have only:
> loadzone=fr
> defaultzone=fr
> fxsks=1
>
> and zapata.conf:
> [trunkgroups]
>
> [channels]
> context=default
> signalling=fxs_ls
> usecallerid=yes
> hidecallerid=no
> callwaiting=yes
> usecallingpres=yes
> callwaitingcallerid=yes
> threewaycalling=yes
> transfer=yes
> canpark=yes
> cancallforward=yes
> callreturn=yes
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> rxgain=0.0
> txgain=0.0
> group=1
> callgroup=1
> pickupgroup=1
> immediate=no
> busydetect=yes
> musiconhold=default
> callerid="Filtrinov"<0477530573>
> channel => 5
>
> if i understand, my error are channel ?
>
> In zaptel.conf, its fxsks=1
> and in zapata.conf it's channel => 0
>
> no ?
Hi,
The cat output suggests that channel number 1 is configured(as fxsks) by
the
zaptel kernel module as instructed in the zaptel.conf file.

So, you should have :
channel=>1 instead of channel=>5
and
signalling=fxs_ks  instead of signalling=fxs_ls  (mark the 'k' and 'l')
in zapata.conf

This will tell the chan_zap module to use the channel that is actually
initialised by the
driver in the kernel i.e channel no 1.Currently chan_zap must be looking
for a configured
channel number 5 which is not present on the system.That is why it fails.

Hopefully, doing the above will fix it :)

Best regards,
Pranav