[asterisk-users] Installing the b410p card, unable to install mISDN

Timothy Parez timothyparez at linux.be
Fri Nov 24 01:30:57 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm installing Asterisk on Ubuntu 6.10
When I first compiled the zaptel package I used:

make clean
make
make install

So far so good, but the following command failed:

make b410p

I did some digging on google and found a guide on how
to install it manually, but the result was the same.

I got these files

ftp.digium.com/pub/telephony/zaptel/b410p/misdn-b410p.tar.gz
ftp.digium.com/pub/telephony/zaptel/b410p/mISDNuser.tar.gz

And did the following:
make force
make
make install

All the commands worked just fine.

Remark:
The guide I was using told me to cd into the mISDNuser directory, but
didn't do anything with it.

/etc/init.d/misdn-init scan gives me:

[OK] found the following devices:
card=1,0x4

So I ran
/etc/init.d/misdn-init config

The output:
[OK] /etc/misdn-init.conf created. It's now safe to run "/etc/init.d/misdn-init start"
[ii] make your ports (1-4) available in asterisk by editing "/etc/asterisk/misdn.conf"
[ii] run "/etc/init.d/misdn-init config" to store this information to /etc/misdn-init.conf

I then edited the setting in /etc/misdn-init.conf,
guessing I'll be needing nt_ptmp=1,2,3,4 (although I have no idea)

Now the problem, if I run
/etc/init.d/misdn-init start I get the following:

/etc/init.d/misdn-init: line 91: [: 5: unary operator expected
modprobe --ignore-install hfcmulti type= protocol=,,,
layermask=0x3,0x3,0x3,0x3 poll=128 debug=0xf

De output of the lsmod | grep hfcmulti command is
hfcmulti               74984  0
mISDN_core             85248  6
mISDN_dsp,mISDN_capi,l3udss1,mISDN_l2,mISDN_l1,hfcmulti

The output of dmesg | grep Digium is
[42949387.380000] HFC-MULTI: Card 'HFC-4S Digium Card' found, but not
given by module's options, ignoring...

I recompile Asterisk and install it again,
but I do not get the misdn command in asterisk.

What am I missing ?

Thnx.