[asterisk-users] Passing arguments to AGI script

Esteban Guana-Jarrin egua5261 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 23 17:54:55 MST 2006

Hi List,

Can any one please let me know how to pass arguments to the agi script from
the dialplan?

I read that it is possible to pass arguments to an AGI script here,
http://home.cogeco.ca/~camstuff/agi.html, by entering the variable followed
by a vertical bar but it doesn't seem to work for me.

I'm using a basic AGI script to query a database and then returns to
specific contexts within the dialplan in asterisk, which are set by the AGI
script depending on the results from the queries to the database.

This works fine when I use the callerid variable passed from asterisk to the
script however; I want to pass a variable to the script, which is a number
entered by the caller and stored in a varialbe within the dialplan.

Here is the part of the dialplan code calling the script,

exten => s,8,Read(options3,Test/fnnconf,1)
exten => s,9,Gotoif($[${options3} = 1]?13:10)
exten => s,10,Gotoif($[${options3} = 2]?3:11)
exten => s,11,Gotoif($[${options3} = 3]?6:12)
exten => s,12,Gotoif($["foo${options3}" = "foo"]?t|1:i|1)
exten => s,13,agi,query.agi|${options3}

Kind Regards,

Paul