[asterisk-users] Recordings.

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Thu Nov 23 06:40:09 MST 2006

On a modern server without IDE drives, you dont even need RAID to
accomplish this.  Problems arise at around 50-60 calls in my experience
(HPDL 360, 3Ghz, Gig of RAM and RAID 1 mirroring.  I run a cron job that
checks files sizes and when they do not change within a specified period
of time, they are considered complete and are FTPed to another server
running SOX to MUX and compress the audio.

Above that, checkout Orkaudio or RAMdisk.  Orkaudio has my praises right
now.  The team over there has tweaked a recording server for us to
handle about 200 simultaneous calls and all the recording is done
passively through Pcap and mirrored switch ports.

Thanks,
Steve