[asterisk-users] How to park calls on a specific extension

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Wed Nov 22 17:51:26 MST 2006

At 03:14 PM 11/22/2006, you wrote:
>The missing piece of the puzzle: I'm extension 203. I want any call I park
>to get parked at extension 2203. I want a call my boss parks to park at
>2205, since he's ext. 205. In other words, I want calls parked FROM
>extension XYZ to be parked AT extension (XYZ+2000).
>
>I don't see a way to force parked calls to a specific extension. I'm
>probably just missing the answer, but I've googled for it and I can't find
>it.

That doesn't seem to be the way parking was designed.  It's a first
available distribution of a series of numbers you choose. The problem
with your plan is that it can't handle a second call on an extension.
Coming up in V1.4 is something called SLA or shared line appearance
which might do what you want depending upon how it's implemented. For
the moment you just need to tell people extension to pick up to
retrieve a parked call.  Here it's always 701 as we've never yet
parked 2 calls.

Ira