[asterisk-users] G729 issues on 1.4 beta 3

Jason Adams jadams at sumosystems.net
Wed Nov 22 09:57:20 MST 2006

Hello Everyone,

I just upgraded to the latest beta version and I am running into one
problem.  We purchased g729a licenses from digium and they aren't
fine.  I've downloaded the new 1.4 version of the codec from their
website and re-registerd everything with no luck.

Here is the error message:
error loading module 'codec_g729a.so':
/usr/lib/asterisk/modules/codec_g729a.so: undefined symbol:
ast_translator_activate

I have tried i686, i386, athlon, and athlon-xp versions of the codec but
none of them have loaded.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Adams
Sumo Systems