[asterisk-users] VM mail notification and locale

Dominique Dartois dom at dartois.org
Wed Nov 22 05:02:33 MST 2006

> LC_CTYPE or LC_TIME?
LC_TIME, sorry for the typo.

I added
	export LC_TIME=fr_FR
	(date; locale) > /tmp/log
in /etc/init.d/asterisk and restarted by "service asterisk restart".

The content of /tmp/log :
linux2:/tmp # cat log
Wed Nov 22 12:43:09 CET 2006
LANG=POSIX
LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
LC_TIME="POSIX"
LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
LC_PAPER="POSIX"
LC_NAME="POSIX"
LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"
LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
LC_ALL=POSIX

Obviously the assigment has no effect but a NoOp(LC_TIME: ${ENV(LC_TIME)})
in extension.ael2 displays in the CLI :
    -- Executing NoOp("SIP/103-0819f470", "LC_TIME: fr_FR") in new stack
!!!!!!!!!