[asterisk-users] about voicemail setting

Conrad Wood asterisk-users at conradwood.net
Wed Nov 22 04:11:43 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 18:17 +0800, rilawich ango wrote:
> As I know, the voicemail will be sent using localhost smtp.  I want to
> use another smtp server for sending voicemail to the users.  Is it
> possible to set it, where to set it?

it does not use smtp.
If it did use smtp it would need to handle errors and queuing in
app_voicemail.
It pipes it to "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t".

I use exim (which installs a link /usr/sbin/sendmail) and tell exim to
route it to another mailserver via smtp.
So you need to configure whatever mta you have installed on your system
to route it to the other smtp server.

Conrad