[asterisk-users] switching trunks based on quality

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Nov 21 01:34:48 MST 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 09:04:22AM +0100, Olivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think this thread relates to something like "Best Quality Routing" just
> like finding best fares to given routes relates to Least Cost Routing.
> Integrating QoS with routing is not easy. I'm not aware of any routing
> protocol (OSPF, BGP, ...) integrating any kind of QoS information to compute
> best  quality routes but I must admit I'm far from being a reliable source
> of information on that topic.

Those routing protocols are irrelevant: they are aimed at solving the
problem of sharing a local knowledge between separate nodes. In this
case the problem is how to generate the knowledge (route quality)
automatically.

If we have the route quality as a number it is quite simple to write a
dialplan that will choose the best route.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com