[asterisk-users] is there a queue size call limit on the ACD?

MF manrique.feoli at kinetos.com
Mon Nov 20 17:09:09 MST 2006

Hi all

does anyone knows if there is a parameter to limit the amount of calls
on an ACD Queue?

I saw somewhere a reference to a QUEUESIZE paramter but couldn't find
anything else.

This is to work as a backup plan for very specific emergency situations,
  for example I have 60 channels available, and usually at midnight only
3 operators are needed to handle a normal flow.   But on some ocations,
after an event of somekind,  all 60 incomming channels will ring with
only 3 operators,  I need to overflow at least 45 calls to another
application right away,  in order to give them an announcement and take
their number.   (while other operators are been waked up)
I just don't want to leave them waiting until the timeout of the queue
runs out,  which will certainly do with these numbers.

any idea?