[asterisk-users] How to secure access to PSTN line through Linksys gateway?

Vincent Delporte udc91pk02 at bigfoot.com
Mon Nov 20 16:08:45 MST 2006

Hello

I successfully hooked up a Linksys 3102 SIP gateway
(http://www.voip-info.org/users/683/21683/images/716/SPA3102_lrg.jpg) to an
Asterisk server, but since it's connected to a PSTN line, I must make sure
it cannot be used by unauthorized users from the Net. Actually, even legit
users with an account on the Asterisk server shouldn't be able to use it
(outgoing calls should go through a VoIP provider instead).

Does someone know what steps must be taken in Asterisk and on the Linksys
to secure access to the Linksys box?

Thank you.