[asterisk-users] Auto recording calls?

Jay Moore jaymoore at accu-com.com
Mon Nov 20 13:40:39 MST 2006

Ok, replying to my own message with another question.

.wav files are huge (obviously).
.gsm files are nice and small with great quality but most media players
require some sort of plug-in to play them.
.mp3 files are probably the best in terms of size/quality (correct me if
I'm wrong), but it requires a little processing power to create them.

What format would you guys recommend I use?  I'm leaning towards .gsm
and forcing my end-users to download an addon to their media player to
listen.  This, of course, assuming there are addons to common players
like Windows Media Player (I know one for Winamp exists; I currently use
it.)

Thanks again,
Jay