[asterisk-users] Call limits and VoIP providers

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Mon Nov 20 10:08:58 MST 2006

Hi,

I have a few customers hosted on my Asterisk PBX.  All incoming calls are
coming from VoIP provider A and all outgoing calls are going to termination
provider B (they happen to be different for now).

On ONE of those customers I'd like to setup a channel limit, meaning they
can have 4 calls max, either outgoing, incoming, or a combinaison of both.
After that, I want it to ring busy.

How do I accomplish that? I don't want to setup a global call limit for the
provider, because other customers are on taking calls and have no limits.
What is the best practice here?

Mike