[asterisk-users] reduce dialtone volume on zap channel.

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Mon Nov 20 09:17:12 MST 2006

>Don Pobanz wrote:
>> issues began when we installed external echo cancellers.
>>
>Then I guess you could try relaxdtmf=yes, other then that,
>I suggest you
>look into the echo canceller side of things.

The relaxdtmf makes no difference.

I have found two ways to make * recognizing the dtmf tones reliable:
1. Remove echo cancellers. However echo makes this unacceptable. (Unfortunately the TE412P with echo cancellers enabled did not provide acceptable echo cancellation.)
2. lower volume of signal coming from *. This does reduce the dialtone volume, however it also makes it harder to hear the other party during a call.

Hence my question, can dialtone volume be reduced.

I am not a c programmer but by poking around it looks like app.c or indications.c have the dialtone routines. Could indications.c starting around line 145 be changed to accomplish this? (asterisk 1.2.13)

This really gets me in over my head and I don't even know if this would be heading down the right road.

> Doug

Thanks for your suggestions Doug.

Don Pobanz