[asterisk-users] Asterisk Manager: equivalent of 'show channels'?

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Mon Nov 20 03:42:02 MST 2006

On 18 Nov 2006, at 17:28, Michael Collins wrote:

> I’m interested in knowing if anyone else has worked around this issue:
>

> I have an application that needs to check the status of the calls
> going through Asterisk about every 5 seconds or so.  I don’t want
> to do “asterisk –rx ‘show channels verbose’” at the Linux command
> line 12 times per minute so I am looking at the AMI.  I see that
> there isn’t a manager command for ‘show channels.’  Has anyone come
> up with an equivalent of ‘show channels’ using the extant manager
> commands?  If so, could you post how you did it?

I'm thinking of building an SNMP based monitor for asterisk -
What level of data would you want displayed ?
I was thinking of having a per-host overview with:

Loadaverage
Total in-use channels
uptime

Then a more detailed breakdown (in a pop-up) giving details of the
channel
technologies etc.

And perhaps a final level allowing inspection of individual calls.

Have I missed out any vital measures ? Bandwidth used perhaps ?

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk