[asterisk-users] odd issue with IP tables

Alex Robar alex.robar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 18:26:09 MST 2006

Hi Curt,

I would try to find out what it's doing that's slowing your system down so
much. Try turning up logging (or examining the logs) to see what's going on
there, or what it's waiting for. Off the top of my head, I'm wondering if
you've blocked everything else, or have you allowed through the standard
fare? Ie. Have you allowed existing and related connections?

Also, where is iptables sitting? Is it on the local Asterisk box, or is it
on a firewall/router box in front of the Asterisk box?

Alex

On 11/18/06, Curt Shaffer <cshaffer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I put iptables on my asterisk box and an odd thing occurs. I allow 5060
> and
> 10000-20000. As soon as I start iptables and make a call it literally
> takes
> 60-90 seconds before the call even starts to ring. As soon as I shut
> iptables off, the call goes through immediately again. Its quite odd. The
> call does eventually go through and talks fine but it takes sooo long to
> connect. Anyone have some suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Curt

Alex Robar