[asterisk-users] How to use Sipura SPA3k POTS line to dial Asterisk SIP phones?

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 18 14:57:27 MST 2006

I'm gotten confused trying to figure out which extension in my sip.conf
corresponds to your sipurafsx1.

Below are the configurations from the Voxilla Configuration Wizard and
your sipurafxs1 at the bottom.  I've snipped the rest as it's pretty
long and this is the meat of my present problem.

My guess is that I should modify username=spa3k-pstn-in
to conform to your sipurafxs1 but I'd like a reality check as I've lost
the overall picture.

Larry

> Doug Crompton wrote:
>> This is my spa3k fxs port sip.conf params. This uses the default context
>> in my extensions.conf
>>
>> What are you having trouble doing? Can you make calls out to PSTN? Is it
>> just incoming call that are not ringing?
>>
>> Doug

;; -----------------------------------------------
;;      Sipura sip.conf entries 11/6/06
;;      from Voxilla SPA-3000 Configuration Wizard:
;; -----------------------------------------------

[spa3k-pots-dial]       ; was 6664 POTS phone connected to
Sipura dials 				;this, then pstn-spa3k:
			;There is no connection made to Telasip
;====================================================================
type=friend
host=dynamic
context=pstn-out
secret=xxxxx
mailbox=spa3k-pots-dial
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

[spa3k-pstn-in]         ; was 6667 in Wizard. Pots-line-in from Sipura
                         ; Sipura fxo (right hand port) from Doug 					;
Crompton [sipurafxo1]
                         ; connect POTS line1 to line to CO
type=peer
username=spa3k-pstn-in
secret=xxxxx
canreinvite=no
context=from-pstn
host=dynamic
nat=no
port=5061
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
allow=g723.1
dtmfmode=inband

[spa3k-pstn-out]        ; was pstn-spa3k
		        ; If you're using Asterisk, this section goes 					; into the
Outgoing Settings for your trunk.
type=peer       ; outgoing
auth=md5
host=10.22.44.41
port=5061
secret=xxxxxx
username=asterisk
fromuser=asterisk
dtmfmode=rfc2833
; If using Asterisk at home, change the below line to context=from-internal
context=pstn-out
insecure=very

[sipurafxs1]
type=friend