[asterisk-users] Asterisk Manager: equivalent of 'show channels'?

Earl Terwilliger earlt at unete.com.ve
Sat Nov 18 10:53:07 MST 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 13:28, Michael Collins wrote:
> I'm interested in knowing if anyone else has worked around this issue:
>

> I have an application that needs to check the status of the calls going
> through Asterisk about every 5 seconds or so.  I don't want to do
> "asterisk -rx 'show channels verbose'" at the Linux command line 12
> times per minute so I am looking at the AMI.  I see that there isn't a
> manager command for 'show channels.'  Has anyone come up with an
> equivalent of 'show channels' using the extant manager commands?  If so,
> could you post how you did it?
>

> Thanks!
>
> -MC

An approach i take with my event monitor is to have a manager application
register for all events, then when something in asterisk happens you get an
event record. No need to 'poll' to check. Then you can easily determine what
is going on.

http://micpc.com/eventmonitor uses the event records to display the state of
phones, channels, etc. 'realtime' with AJAX without polling.

earl