[asterisk-users] Asterisk Manager: equivalent of 'show channels'?

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Sat Nov 18 10:28:38 MST 2006

I'm interested in knowing if anyone else has worked around this issue:

I have an application that needs to check the status of the calls going
through Asterisk about every 5 seconds or so.  I don't want to do
"asterisk -rx 'show channels verbose'" at the Linux command line 12
times per minute so I am looking at the AMI.  I see that there isn't a
manager command for 'show channels.'  Has anyone come up with an
equivalent of 'show channels' using the extant manager commands?  If so,
could you post how you did it?

Thanks!

-MC